Young Professionals Travel Grant
The SMC Society awards travel grants for young professionals who are in most need and lack financial resources to attend. Successful grant recipients will receive a reimbursement ($500 of each) upon registering and presenting her/his paper at SMC2023.
- Applicant must be the first or second author of an accepted paper in the conference.
- Applicant must register and present their papers at the conference.
- Applicant must be a young professional, who is an IEEE member and retains a member status after graduation (for less than 15 years).
- Applicant must be also an SMC Society Member
For details, please visit the IEEE young professional website.
Click here Membership – IEEE SMC to see how to join as an SMC member.
The following documents should be prepared for the application:
- Young Professionals Travel Grant Application Form
- A recommendation letter from supervisor or department chair stating that you need additional funds to attend the SMC Conference
- Copy of IEEE Membership Card (scanned or downloaded in PDF format from ieee.org)
Any scanned documents should be preferably in PDF format.
The following form should be filled by July 3, 2023 23:59 AoE . Notification of acceptance will be made after July 25. For any queries please reach out to György Eigner – email@example.com and Satyam Mohla – firstname.lastname@example.org before July 18, 2023 23:59 AoE to give enough time for a response.
The young professional status will be inspected based on the SAMIEEE database. If the young professional status cannot be clarified based on SAMIEEE, the scanned copy of the first diploma will be requested by the organisers.